The Vigor Monsoon III LT
The Vigor Monsoon III LT is shipped with an all black theme. Starting on the left, there is a nine bladed, 120mm translucent black LED fan. That fan gets securely screwed to the all-black anodized centre shroud with a brushed "Z" pattern on the sides. The right side is of course a match to the left side with a 120mm fan.
The top of cooler has a few things to look at. One is the Vigor logo nicely placed in the center of the shroud, a nice addition for those with windowed cases. Secondly, the shroud itself is all one piece and is mounted with four screws. Lastly is the protrusion of the works of the cooler, allowing the copper pipes to show which is a nice contrast to the all black exterior.
Here is a look at the coolers outbound side of things. You can see that the nine bladed 120mm fans cover almost all of the fin foot print, allowing for adequate heat transfer to the case. Don't forget there are two of these 69 CFM fans aboard this cooler.
The bottom of this cooler is flat, but not what I would call mirror like. From there the four 6mm copper pipes carry the heat to the separated system of aluminum fins. Then it's all up to the fans to get rid of the heat from there.
This is a closer look at the bottom. The box does specify a mirror finish, but I couldn't get an image of anything to really reflect in the base. This is with the camera within about four to five inches away, just to give a better perspective of it.
A better look at the bottom of the cooler shows the separated system of fins I referred to earlier. Each set of four pipes travels from the base to one of either fin sets, allowing for two separate coolers in essence. I have, however, seen this design previously in coolers on the market today.
On a hunch, I decided to pull off one of the Vigor stickered 120mm fans and this is what I had found. I thought this cooler reminded me of the Cooler Master Hyper 212 and by removing the fan you can see it is very similar. The main differences are the specially designed shroud and the addition of the second fan.
The Vigor uses the same 120mm LED fans that come with the Hyper 212. These are 69.69 CFM variants of the 90 CFM version placed on the Cooler Master Z600R.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vigor Monsoon III LT]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 may have exclusive content on PS4
- Meizu launches new mid-range smartphone - the M5c
- Carl Pei hints that OnePlus 5 might keep headphone jack
- Borderlands 3 teased for 2018 release
- Red Dead Redemption 2 to release after April 2018
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning