A Tour Inside
What you are looking at there is the chassis and the EK kit we covered pretty well already, so before we get up close with that, let's cover what we have here. The motherboard is the ASUS Maximus VII Impact sporting an Intel i7 4790K. There is 1600MHz Kingston memory and they also used them for the SSD, and they even filled the MPCIE Combo with a seriously fast drive as well.
To cool the 4790K, the EK-Kit D240 offers up the EK-Supremacy MX UNI CPU water block. For those wondering about other sockets, the kit comes with all of the standard mounting hardware for Intel and AMD sockets as well. We also see the kit offers compression fittings which we really like, and of course clear tubing so that you can match the coolant color to the build as we did.
To the right of the motherboard, and negating much of the storage area, we have the special plate used and installed to hold both the pump as it passes through the plate, and also offers a secure and easy way to mount the reservoir. Again we see compressions used, and even the pair of ninety degree fittings are included as well.
The Vadar fans are still there, they are just hidden by the INWIN fan bracket, but above that we can definitely make out the EK CoolStream PE 240 radiator. INWIN chose to add the third 90 degree fitting we see at the back of the radiator, but again the compression fittings are included. To simplify the layout of the tubing, we strongly recommend that you buy this $10 add-on, and considering the money spent thus far, what is an extra $10 to the project.
While we really did not have to show the wiring, we wanted to prove the point that no matter if you are the average Joe, or someone building a show piece like this to be displayed, there isn't really a polite way to get things done back here. Of course they used the wire loops much more than we did, but the wiring is still sort of a rat's nest no matter what you do with it; so don't feel bad if yours is a bit messy as well.
After bleeding the loop a while and verifying it was leak free, we wanted to get a look at the front with the power light active as we usually do, but this lead us to something we had overlooked all they way up until we took this image...
Looking much closer at the bottom of the chassis shows us that even while they mention that this is supposed to be a drop in designed kit, getting the radiator in means that the fan bracket cannot be screwed all the way in due to the width of the radiator, leaving it to hang like we see it here.
Stepping back a bit to take in the silence of what we just accomplished sitting here running. Since they used PWM to control the fans, we hear more of the pump humming along at 4800 RPM that we do anything else. Now we just need to put it through its paces and see what sort of results we can get with this system as a whole.
- You can buy the EK EK-KIT D240 (In Win D-Frame Mini drop-in) Water Cooling Kit and In Win D-Frame mini in black, orange or red at Scorptec Computers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [INWIN D-Frame Mini and EK-Kit D240]
- Page 3 [A Tour Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings