Intel has made improvements in the silicon, mainly aimed at the graphics. While there aren't major changes in the architecture of the graphics, the tuning knobs have been turned up to give significant improvements over Haswell.
The 14nm process has allowed Intel to fit in 35% more transistors at 1.3B versus 0.96B for a comparable Haswell model, while shrinking the die size 37%. According to Intel, this leads to 22% better 3D graphics and 50% faster video conversion, while productivity improves marginally at 4%. A big improvement should also be in battery life, which should be significantly better with Broadwell compared to Haswell.
These are the top tier 15W SKUs, all of them are BGA package, meaning they will be soldered onto the motherboard. All the Core series 15W SKUs feature 2Cores/4Threads (HyperThreading), 3 or 4MB L3 Cache, and Intel HD6000 or HD5500 Graphics. All the i7 and i5-5X50U parts also feature LPDDR3 memory speed support of up to 1866MHz, and all SKUs support DDR3L of 1600MHz.
Here we can see one new Pentium SKU and two new Celerons. These three new SKUs feature Intel HD Graphics and 2MB L3 Cache.
These are the new 28W Core series SKUs featuring Iris HD 6100, 1866MHz LPDDR3/1600MHz DDR3L. The i7 will feature 4MB L3 cache, while the i5 and i3 have 3MB L3 Cache.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [New Line-Up]
- Page 3 [5th Gen Core Series Platform Hardware Improvements]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now