Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? First of all, it's a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests, you can run a full test or just the read or the write test or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K DQ16.
The software is used several different ways and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
We're posting screen shots of our 3 drive array for this report. As you can see, sequential read/write speed has nearly tripled in comparison to a single drive. Write performance, especially 4K write performance, has increased tremendously due to write caching implementation.
0-Fill Compressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
One of the many reasons we're big fans of the Extreme II is because it has really good low QD performance. Looking at the chart, we find that RAID 0 is increasing read performance from a queue depth of 8 and above.
0-Fill Compressible Write IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Write performance really benefits from RAID 0 when caching is enabled. Write performance is scaling very well. A 2 drive array is putting out nearly triple the performance of a single drive at QD1, and a 3 drive array even more! Look at the 3 drive arrays QD4 performance, it's approaching 200,000 IOPS!
Compression 100% Incompressible Data
For the most part performance does not vary from compressible to incompressible data. The 150 or so point differential is more than likely due to variations between runs, not so much the difference in data.
Incompressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Nearly identical to our compressible IOPS scale.
Incompressible Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Again, nearly identical to our compressible IOPS scale. So, why do we chart incompressible IOPS? It will become apparent to you when you read our upcoming RAID reports featuring drives that utilize compression technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Extreme II 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Bench Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched