Yesterday we got an opportunity to look at the MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition and found ourselves extremely impressed with the new NVIDIA based GPU and what MSI was able to do with it out of the box. Coming in under the Power Edition label, though, we'd normally just skip the whole out of the box performance and instead get straight into the overclocking side of things.
Due to the fact it was our first retail GTX 660 Ti, though, we wanted to see just what kind of performance we could expect out of the box. Today, though, we've thrown the video card back into our testbed and we intend to see just how this Power Edition variant goes with its Triple Overvoltage feature that lets us adjust the Core, Auxiliary and Memory voltages above stock settings.
Since we've already taken the time to go over the MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition in detail (hit the link above to see more), we'll simply be moving into the overclocking side to see just what we can get out of the card here today. From that point we'll quickly go over our testbed, cover the cards that will be in our graphs today and then simply get into the performance to see just what kind of boost the overclock gives us.
We really want to see what the overclock does when it comes to comparing the performance against not only the higher end GTX 670 and GTX 680 which has proven to perform stronger at the higher resolutions. We also want to see how it compares to the HD 7970 GHz Edition; the one model from AMD that tends to consistently be in front of the new NVIDIA offering. We also want to see if the overclock helps close the gap at the higher 2560 x 1600 resolution; an area that is constantly lacking when comparing NVIDIA video cards to AMD.
Having a look below we can see the default clocks on the MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition is 1020MHz on the core or 1098MHz via Boost, while the 2GB of GDDR5 memory comes in at 6008MHz QDR.
This compares to the stock 915MHz / 980MHz core clock we saw on the reference card. The memory speed is the same as the stock version.
As for the overclock we managed to achieve, you can see the core comes in at a very strong 1127MHz or 1205MHz via boost. This is a really strong overclock and should yield some strong performance.
If that wasn't enough, though, we pushed the 2GB of GDDR5 to a massive 7000MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog