We don't get to use our Surround Vision / Eyefinity setup that much with the last time we used it being when we tested the MARS 2 from ASUS. Really, though, since then there's not been much reason to use it. With video card setups being pretty quiet lately and nothing changing in that department this year, the monitor setup has just been gathering hardware around it. Until today, though, where I found myself cleaning for an hour before I could actually move my testbed next to it.
With four HD 6970s on hand, though, and the new Sandy Bridge-E platform getting a good work out lately via both a 3-Way CrossFireX Article and 4-Way CrossFireX Article, it seemed the final piece of the puzzle was to see the kind of performance at the ultra-high 3600 x 1920 resolution.
So that brings us to where we are today. We've got our three Dell U2410 monitors running in portrait mode as you can see in the above picture. To accompany that, we've got our four HD 6970s from Sapphire and sitting under them we find our ASUS Rampage IV Extreme and Intel Core i7 3960X.
Well, for the most part that pretty much covers everything we need to talk about now. We'll be following a similar layout to what you've seen in our other articles using the video cards we've got here today, minus the removal of the synthetic benchmarks. Before we look at the performance side of things, though, we'll just quickly go over our testbed.
Further Reading: Read and find more CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs content at our CPUs, Chipsets & SoCs reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- Corporate leaders are aware of IoT, but aren't really prepared for it
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse