AIDA64 Random Access Time
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.60
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
AIDA64 offers several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron and Toshiba.
Mechanical drives tend to increase latency when used in RAID, but solid state drives generally don't increase latency. Here we see the Patriot Wildfire keeping the same latency as when we tested a single drive.
The same is true when it comes to write latency. Latency is what makes SSD 'feel' fast when you are opening windows and programs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 update will use AI to fight cyberattacks
- Star Wars Battlefront II alpha could hit all platforms
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- Toshiba announces world's first QLC flash memory
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus