Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Before we get started, let's touch base with the Patriot Wildfire. You can read the full review of a single drive in this article that was just published a couple days ago. The Wildfire is spec-tacular; SATA III (6Gb/s), 555MB/s read with a single drive and 512MB/s write speed. Wildfire also has a claimed 85,000 IOPS write speed to boot, so a large amount of small file transfers happen almost as fast as your large file transfers.
Of course, there are other SandForce SF-2281 controlled drives paired with Toshiba Toggle flash on the market, but the Patriot Wildfire currently costs less than the Vertex 3 Max IOPS. Both drives come with a three year warranty, desktop adapter bracket and all of the goodies you need to get your drive installed quickly.
Here we see the Patriot Wildfire retail package.
The inner packaging is everything you want in a package. The drive is kept separate from the desktop adapter bracket so the two can't scratch each other.
Oh yeah, we have two of them! The drive on the left is a full retail drive that came with our retail packaging and the drive on the right is a late engineering sample. Both shipped to us with the same firmware and performed equally. Both drives also arrived the same day which was a bit odd; we expected the ES drive to arrive a little sooner, but oh well, we have them both now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now