This is a great driver and there's a reason we've been using it for the past few months in beta form. There's not really anything else that has to be said about it to be honest. There are some strong performance gains in the games we test and AMD promise more. We'd also tend to believe them, because with some strong gains under Heaven and HAWX 2 we believe that under tessellation heavy games like Lost Planet 2 the gains that AMD promise would also be present.
There's really no good reason not to be installing these drivers. If you're on the 11.4 betas like a lot of people have been for the past few months, you may as well move to the WHQL version that's out now. If you're on the 11.3s or older then you may as well upgrade, because this are just a better driver.
AMD have done a good job with the driver, but really it comes as no surprise to us, because as we said we've been using the beta for a while. It's indeed nice to see a proper WHQL hit the market and it will be interesting to see what AMD offer next month with the 11.5s. To be honest, I wouldn't expect much, but we'll of course see a little something from them with probably nothing more than some bug fixes in games. For now, I don't see us moving off the 11.4s any time soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new iMac Pro might feature server-grade co-processor
- AMD includes 'Gaming Mode' on Radeon Vega Frontier cards
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier launches, with no reviews
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- NVIDIA's new cryptocurrency P106-100 mining cards tested
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller