This is a great driver and there's a reason we've been using it for the past few months in beta form. There's not really anything else that has to be said about it to be honest. There are some strong performance gains in the games we test and AMD promise more. We'd also tend to believe them, because with some strong gains under Heaven and HAWX 2 we believe that under tessellation heavy games like Lost Planet 2 the gains that AMD promise would also be present.
There's really no good reason not to be installing these drivers. If you're on the 11.4 betas like a lot of people have been for the past few months, you may as well move to the WHQL version that's out now. If you're on the 11.3s or older then you may as well upgrade, because this are just a better driver.
AMD have done a good job with the driver, but really it comes as no surprise to us, because as we said we've been using the beta for a while. It's indeed nice to see a proper WHQL hit the market and it will be interesting to see what AMD offer next month with the 11.5s. To be honest, I wouldn't expect much, but we'll of course see a little something from them with probably nothing more than some bug fixes in games. For now, I don't see us moving off the 11.4s any time soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club