This is a great driver and there's a reason we've been using it for the past few months in beta form. There's not really anything else that has to be said about it to be honest. There are some strong performance gains in the games we test and AMD promise more. We'd also tend to believe them, because with some strong gains under Heaven and HAWX 2 we believe that under tessellation heavy games like Lost Planet 2 the gains that AMD promise would also be present.
There's really no good reason not to be installing these drivers. If you're on the 11.4 betas like a lot of people have been for the past few months, you may as well move to the WHQL version that's out now. If you're on the 11.3s or older then you may as well upgrade, because this are just a better driver.
AMD have done a good job with the driver, but really it comes as no surprise to us, because as we said we've been using the beta for a while. It's indeed nice to see a proper WHQL hit the market and it will be interesting to see what AMD offer next month with the 11.5s. To be honest, I wouldn't expect much, but we'll of course see a little something from them with probably nothing more than some bug fixes in games. For now, I don't see us moving off the 11.4s any time soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD