ATI just had to release the 9.11 driver on the day the HD 5970 launch. Honestly, as if I wasn't busy enough already. The whole release was also a bit more nightmarish than usual due to the fact that I had just re-set up my testbed and needed to re-test a bunch of new cards for the article.
Normally what would happen is the new drivers would come in, I pull up my graphs from the month before, I delete the 9.9s, move the 9.10s there and add the 9.11s. Because there was no data from the new testbed in regards to the HD 5850 and HD 5770, those cards had to be tested at the same time.
The exciting thing about all this is that our Catalyst Analysis now includes Windows 7 which in turn has added DX11 games into the mix.
Let's quickly make mention of a couple of the new features that are included since ATI haven't promised us any form of performance improvements, then we'll move onto the good stuff; benchies.
- GPU Acceleration of H.264 video content using Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta
- High Quality downscaling for video transcoding MSE
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Project Scorpio has 'no real technical limit on games'
- 'Avatar' 2 - 5 have new release dates, if you still care
- Take-Two kills GTA V's Red Dead Redemption mod
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club