Second on the list we have Geil's PC3-8500 memory modules. These modules are packed in the same sort of box that our DDR2 modules we received from them came in. There is a little bit of info on the box with the specs. You can clearly see the hologRAM.
Unpacking the modules from of the box we get our first look at the sticks. Geil has gone for a grey alloy colour over the orange alloy of the DDR2 modules. Geil has its logo with raised letters in the middle of the heat spreader on each side.
The modules also come with a holographic sticker on one side of each module. This sticker contains info on the model number as well as the specs of the RAM. These particular modules run with a timing setup of 7-7-7-20, the same as that of the OCZ memory. The biggest problem with this kit is that it is only a 1GB kit and runs at just 1066MHz, this being the first step up from the top DDR2 memory speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ PC3-10666]
- Page 3 [The Modules - Geil PC3-8500]
- Page 4 [The Modules - Kingston PC3-11000]
- Page 5 [Overclocking the Modules]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Learn how to make Android apps with this course bundle
- ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 teased, to be unveiled very soon
- EVGA's GeForce GTX 1080 Superclocked ACX 3.0 spotted, looks awesome
- ZOTAC's new GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! spotted, a new record breaker?
- PS4K upgrades 'absolutely' required to run VR on PS4 says, dev
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition