Second on the list we have Geil's PC3-8500 memory modules. These modules are packed in the same sort of box that our DDR2 modules we received from them came in. There is a little bit of info on the box with the specs. You can clearly see the hologRAM.
Unpacking the modules from of the box we get our first look at the sticks. Geil has gone for a grey alloy colour over the orange alloy of the DDR2 modules. Geil has its logo with raised letters in the middle of the heat spreader on each side.
The modules also come with a holographic sticker on one side of each module. This sticker contains info on the model number as well as the specs of the RAM. These particular modules run with a timing setup of 7-7-7-20, the same as that of the OCZ memory. The biggest problem with this kit is that it is only a 1GB kit and runs at just 1066MHz, this being the first step up from the top DDR2 memory speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ PC3-10666]
- Page 3 [The Modules - Geil PC3-8500]
- Page 4 [The Modules - Kingston PC3-11000]
- Page 5 [Overclocking the Modules]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD to have a massive volume launch of next-gen Zen CPUs in early 2017
- Facebook CEO says 'AR will be where VR' is today in 5-10 years
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard