The Digital Home experiment has been going on for quite some time now, even Intel tried this with its Pentium D line. While Digital Home is a great idea, it simply wasn't feasible with processors of the day. Intel's Pentium D line simply consumed too much power and produced far too much heat to even be in the running for a Media Center PC and AMD's K8 needed a better chipset than what was on the market. Given AMD does use a lot less power than that of the Pentium D, it still chews up too much power to really sit in a 24/7 PC.
Times have changed. Core Architecture from Intel now gives the ViiV platform the option for the Digital Home, with Core Duo the biggest plus for the HTPC - a notebook grade CPU running on desktop components gives it a real thumbs up. AMD isn't that far behind with its Athlon 64 Energy Efficient ranges which operate at lower core voltages and output less heat than the standard range.
Today we are looking at a motherboard from ASUS which is designed to take on the Digital Home on the K8 front on the AMD Live! platform. Paired with nVidia's GeForce 6150 chipset, this baby is a feature packed setup. How will it perform compared to our Foxconn motherboard based on the same architecture?
Let's have a look!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Pro Gaming i9 XE boards
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit