The Digital Home experiment has been going on for quite some time now, even Intel tried this with its Pentium D line. While Digital Home is a great idea, it simply wasn't feasible with processors of the day. Intel's Pentium D line simply consumed too much power and produced far too much heat to even be in the running for a Media Center PC and AMD's K8 needed a better chipset than what was on the market. Given AMD does use a lot less power than that of the Pentium D, it still chews up too much power to really sit in a 24/7 PC.
Times have changed. Core Architecture from Intel now gives the ViiV platform the option for the Digital Home, with Core Duo the biggest plus for the HTPC - a notebook grade CPU running on desktop components gives it a real thumbs up. AMD isn't that far behind with its Athlon 64 Energy Efficient ranges which operate at lower core voltages and output less heat than the standard range.
Today we are looking at a motherboard from ASUS which is designed to take on the Digital Home on the K8 front on the AMD Live! platform. Paired with nVidia's GeForce 6150 chipset, this baby is a feature packed setup. How will it perform compared to our Foxconn motherboard based on the same architecture?
Let's have a look!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Some exoplanets could be better suited to harbor life than Earth
- Spider-Man on PS4 boycotts begin over Spider-Man leaving MCU
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake gets 30 minutes of dazzling gameplay
- GameStop Nintendo Direct leak suggests 12 new untitled Switch games
- Sony's next-gen PlayStation 5 looks AMAZING in these new 3D renders
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- LIAN LI Launches Brand New TU150
- The First XR-DIMM DRAM Module with RTCA DO-160G Certification From the Leading Supplier of Industrial-grade Memory
- Trintech Achieves Record-Breaking New Customer Adoption and Expansion in H1
- TUNAI CREATIVE's Kickstarter-backed aptX Low Latency Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Now Available on Amazon
- Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Eight Princes DLC out now on macOS and Linux