At Idle, the Ghost Canyon with the RTX 2070 in tow sips power at 35W. The GPU, when pushed, can jump that number up to the 250+ range. The CPU alone stressed climbs us up to 118W, which is not too bad considering it's still carrying the discrete GPU.
Thermal is an area where I feel the team did very well. The combination of the vapor chamber and optimized chassis and cooling design meant that under sustained load, we averaged out at 76.2C after an hour of loading. The more constricted and compact Hades Canyon saw an average of 85.2 with spikes into the 91-92C area.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NUC 9 Extreme NUCi9QNX Kit]
- Page 4 [Inside the NUC 9 Extreme NUCi9QNX Kit]
- Page 5 [Compute Element Disassembly and Analysis]
- Page 6 [Compute Element Disassembly and Analysis Continued]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Testing Setup]
- Page 8 [Test Setup and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Graphics Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption and Thermals]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]