The Palit GeForce 7900GT Sonic is a great all round graphics card. Between the extra memory, the increased core speed, game bundle and the price, it has a lot going for it. The overall performance of the 7900GT from Palit is great and you can clearly see why it has become such a popular graphics card.
The extra memory being needed is debatable but at the higher resolution we can clearly see that while the card does sit even with the ATI Radeon X1900GT at 1024 x 768, when we move to 1600 x 1200 the 7900GT 512MB from Palit usually sneaks ahead.
SLI performance we have always known is something that is only really worth considering when you're getting into the high resolutions with settings turned up but there are still games that are having issues, as we can see in some of our tests.
We had a look at overclocking during our testing but didn't have any joy at all as it seems the core is practically maxed out and the increased core speed is causing the memory to not move much at all. Overclocking can vary from card to card.
Apart from the slight overclocking issue we had, the Palit GeForce 7900GT Sonic 512MB graphics card was an absolute dream to use and we would have no problems recommending a card like this to anyone who wanted a great performing high-end card but didn't want to break the bank with a more expensive Radeon X1900XTX or GeForce 7900GTX.
Toca Racing 3
Overclocking seemed limited
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit