As we mentioned, this is the IceQ version of the X800GTO from HIS which comes with the Arctic Cooling unit that offers superior cooling at lower noise levels.
As we saw on the front of the box the HIS X800GTO is guaranteed to achieve speeds of 500MHz on the core (400MHz Default) and 1GHz on the memory (980 Default). To get these clocks you do have to install some overclocking software. Fortunately this is provided in the package, so it really is an ease to get up and going. The good news is if you are using something like ATI Tool, it doesn't stop you from overclocking like a mad man with it - as you'll find out later in this review.
The Radeon X800GTO from HIS is "Multi GPU ready" which means it is compatible with Crossfire if you have the other necessary components. To get the X800GTO from HIS up and running in Crossfire you will need a compatible Crossfire motherboard like the DFI RDX200 CF-DR, along with an X800 master card which HIS also offer.
You can clearly see that there isn't a lot to look at with the front of the card thanks to the massive cooler taking up most of it. Fortunately the X800GTO doesn't require any extra power to run so there is no fidgeting around trying to plug and unplug a PCI Express power connector in with the cooler installed.
Turning the card over we can see that there is a massive back plate that does two things. First being holds the heatsink in place and prevents it from falling off and the other is cool the rear memory, with the addition of some air flow in your system you can cool the rear memory quite effectively.
While there is a Dual DVI model available the sample we received only comes with a single DVI port and a normal VGA port. We also have our S-Video like port that lets us utilize normal TV out via RCA or S-Video or HDTV out via the component cable included in the package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media