Unboxing + Closer Look
Just like with virtually all other MSI graphics cards, the company doesn't skimp on first impressions with the MECH 2 series graphics cards.
The front of the Radeon RX 580 MECH 2 box shows us everything we need to know: it's the OC edition with Torx fan 2.0 technology. AMD has great branding in the bottom right, where we see the RX 580 rocks out with DX12 and Vulkan support, Radeon Chill technology, FreeSync 2 technology, and Radeon ReLive Capture support - as well as being Radeon VR Ready.
On the back of the box we have more details on the card, with 8GB of GDDR5 on a 256-bit memory bus and its display connectivity. You'll need a single 8-pin PCIe power connector and a decent PSU to run it.
There's not much going on with the sides of the box, but the usual branding from AMD is there.
The front of the MSI Radeon RX 580 MECH 2 features the dual-fan cooler, with the usual red/black styling throughout.
MSI uses a slick-looking backplate on the RX 580 MECH 2 graphics card.
Display output wise we have 2 x DP, 2 x HDMI and 1 x DVI... plenty for any monitor setup.
All of this runs from a single 8-pin PCIe power connector.
MSI has a dual-slot graphics card on its hands with the MECH 2 series, coming it at thinner than a dual-slot cooler. I'd love to see it shrunken down into a single-slot cooler if the DVI port was ditched... that would be awesome.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Availability and Price]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark/Heaven]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced