Unboxing + Closer Look
Just like with virtually all other MSI graphics cards, the company doesn't skimp on first impressions with the MECH 2 series graphics cards.
The front of the Radeon RX 580 MECH 2 box shows us everything we need to know: it's the OC edition with Torx fan 2.0 technology. AMD has great branding in the bottom right, where we see the RX 580 rocks out with DX12 and Vulkan support, Radeon Chill technology, FreeSync 2 technology, and Radeon ReLive Capture support - as well as being Radeon VR Ready.
On the back of the box we have more details on the card, with 8GB of GDDR5 on a 256-bit memory bus and its display connectivity. You'll need a single 8-pin PCIe power connector and a decent PSU to run it.
There's not much going on with the sides of the box, but the usual branding from AMD is there.
The front of the MSI Radeon RX 580 MECH 2 features the dual-fan cooler, with the usual red/black styling throughout.
MSI uses a slick-looking backplate on the RX 580 MECH 2 graphics card.
Display output wise we have 2 x DP, 2 x HDMI and 1 x DVI... plenty for any monitor setup.
All of this runs from a single 8-pin PCIe power connector.
MSI has a dual-slot graphics card on its hands with the MECH 2 series, coming it at thinner than a dual-slot cooler. I'd love to see it shrunken down into a single-slot cooler if the DVI port was ditched... that would be awesome.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Availability and Price]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark/Heaven]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- The PC game store wars begin
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire