Introduction, Availability and Price
MSI made their new Radeon RX 570 and Radeon RX 580 MECH 2 graphics cards known on July 31 without unboxing and first impressions right here, so I won't spend too much time re-introducing the card.
The new RX 570 MECH 2 will fall into the $300-$320 category where it will directly compete against NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 1060, and able to handle games at 1080p 60FPS without a problem. If you want 10-20% more performance the more expensive RX 580 MECH 2 will be the one for you, but it's not worth it if you're only wanting to hit 1080p 60FPS.
MSI has used a fully custom PCB on the two MECH 2 graphics cards, with impressive thermal performance throughout our benchmarking and gaming sessions on both cards. They both don't get loud either, which is another win for MSI. They're also stylish looking cards, which is important these days with RGB lights going off in gaming PCs that light up the backplate on the MECH 2 cards beautifully.
But do you need to be paying attention to the RX 570/580 MECH 2 cards? Well, considering the holidays are right around the corner, it is a great time to build a new gaming PC.
NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 11 series graphics cards are supposedly launching in the next month or so with custom GTX 1180 and GTX 1170 graphics cards to launch in August/September from various AIB partners, including MSI. Between now and Q2 2019, there will be no new Radeon GPUs released meaning MSI has something new in Radeon with its MECH 2 cards. It might not be new technology, but a refreshed cheaper option of the RX 570 and RX 580 isn't a bad thing.
80% of gamers are playing with 1080p monitors so an RX 570 is a perfect upgrade headed into huge releases like Battlefield V and the likes of Fortnite, PUBG, Overwatch, League of Legends, CS:GO, and tons of other games that run like butter on the RX 570 at 1080p 60FPS. This is where the MECH 2 cards stand out, and why we'll go into more detail about them in this review.
MSI will be selling the new Radeon RX 570 MECH 2 for around $300-$320 while the RX 580 MECH 2 will sell for $350-$370.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Availability and Price]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark/Heaven]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Drinkbox Studios Slams Guacamelee! 2 onto PlayStation 4 and Steam
- RAZER UNVEILS NEW PLAYSTATION 4 WIRELESS LINEUP WITH OFFICIALLY LICENSED RAIJU CONTROLLERS, AND THRESHER HEADSET
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED