Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy. Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at QD4. When evaluating CDM results, we focus on 4K random performance at QD1 and QD4.
Focusing in on QD1 we see the 800P obliterating the competition. The 800P even manages to deliver even better performance than the 900P at QD1. This is where performance matters most. At QD1 the 800P is delivering 5.2x the performance of our flash-based champion - the 960 EVO 1TB. At QD4, the 800P is delivering 2.9x the performance of the 960 EVO. Absolutely stunning performance coming from a 2-lane SSD.
Our focus is mainly on QD1 and QD4 random performance. The 800P hangs in there with the best flash-based SSDs despite its 2-lane handicap.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.8.5611.39791
AS SSD determines the performance of SSDs. The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD. We evaluate AS SSD performance in terms of overall score. We are looking for a minimum score of 2,000 when evaluating NVMe SSDs
The 800P doesn't care much for AS SSD's sequential data. We don't know exactly why it chokes on AS SSD's sequential write data, but it may be because it is transferred in blocks larger than 4MB. We only have to look back at our ATTO testing to see what happens to the 800P when sequential blocks exceed 4MB.
This is not a worry at all though, because sequential data is typically read at 128KB by Windows. We will consider this an anomaly. When we get to our RAID testing you will see that this issue disappears. We noticed this same anomaly with AS SSD when testing Optane Memory Modules as a stand-alone device. Even with practically no sequential write adding to the 800P's score, it still delivers a score that is better than most flash-based SSDs.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benches (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Seq. Write]
- Page 10 [Intel RST Chipset 3-Drive RAID 0 Array on Z270]
- Page 11 [Intel VROC Direct to CPU 4-Drive RAID 0 Array on X299]
- Page 12 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]