Inside the Kublai KL07
Removing the bezel is easy to do, especially with no wires attached to it. We can see the egg crate foam used inside of the four panels also used inside of the bezel, which is then backed with a dust filter seen on the left of the chase. In the chassis we see the two fans installed, and we can also see the switches for the power and reset buttons at the top-left edge.
Our first look inside offers a wide-open space at the top of the chassis for the motherboard, video card, and any sort of additional cooling. The lower part of the chassis is blocked from view by a PSU cover. Even though you cannot see inside of it through the doors, there is no reason why it cannot look awesome when the panels come off.
Inside of the bezel, there is room for three 120mm or 140mm fans, but Silverstone also offers a mounting plate as an option as well. For those using a pair of 120mm or 140mm fans, or those wanting to install a radiator here, these fans are currently mounted to a removable plate to make installation of dual cooling setups much easier.
After removing the top cover of the chassis, we found that there was a magnetic dust filter covering the honeycomb mesh too. There is room in the roof of the chassis for dual 120mm or dual 140mm cooling options, and we can also see that the I/O panel is also mounted to the chassis so that the panels are not hanging on by wires.
The motherboard tray offers nine locations for standoffs to fit Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, and ATX motherboards. The CPU cooler hole is large, there are ten tie points, and two of the four wire holes in the tray comes with grommets in them.
The PSU cover offers a hole for wires to reach the bottom of the motherboard through, and on the front edge is a knock-out for, what we assume would be an LED nameplate. The top of the PSU cover has optional holes for the HDD cage, so it can slide back if needed, and the front edge has a removable plate for using three fan locations or extra room for radiator headers.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SilverStone Kublai KL07 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SilverStone Kublai KL07 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms