Inside the Himars
The wiring is indeed attached to the bezel, which makes the removable section much handier in this design. There are breakouts for the 5.25" bays, and six round holes to accept the tabs on the inside of the bezel.
Glancing inside of the chassis, we can see that Rosewill is sure to tie the wiring to the motherboard tray. We also see a layout which harkens from days in the past, where the entire front third is a solid steel rack of bays, closing off room that could otherwise be used with longer video cards or water cooling options.
While there are three ODD bays in the Himars, only two of them offer tool-free mechanisms and are found on both sides of the chassis. Of course, you do need to use an ODD; these are handy for card readers, bay reservoirs, and fan controllers as well.
The lower section of the solid steel rack is used to support the tilt-out HDD bays. One screw is used to pivot upon, while another screw flows in a trail enabling the tilt aspect. The inside of the nays are cooled with a 140mm fan, and it also takes interior space from other components.
Once the bays are tilted out of the front of the chassis, we find that all four bays are hot swappable. There are individual PCBs under the bays which allows connections to be made here, and the trays can pull out of the front without needing access to the wiring to do so.
Removing the dust filter from the top of the chassis exposes the optional cooling options there. There is room for a trifecta of 120mm fans, and with the thickness of the top section, you can also use thin radiators and fans, without compromising on room for the motherboard or conflict with the memory.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit