This testing is just to see what the drive is capable of in an FOB (Fresh Out of Box) state under optimal conditions. We are utilizing empty volumes of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit for this testing. Same Hardware, just an OS change.
Windows 10 MOP
Samsung 850 EVO 4TB
Take a look at the massive difference in write transfer rates when compared to the 416 MB/s we got with Windows 10 build 10586. 555 MB/s is what we would expect when the transfer block fits inside the drives pSLC cache. If you needed a good reason to upgrade to Windows 10 build 14393, this is a good reason.
We have noticed a massive improvement in write transfer rates on many drives with build 14393. The reason for this, as far as we know, is that CPU power switching modes have been relaxed on the latest version of Windows 10.
Windows Server 2008 R2 MOP
Samsung 850 EVO 4TB
200 MB/s 4K QD1 random write performance is the rarest achievement you will ever see from a SATA SSD.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD retails for $1380 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD retails for £1230 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace, OS Volume) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Half-Life 2 teased in Unreal Engine 4, looks INCREDIBLE
- ASUS ROG X470 Crosshair Hero VII smiles for the camera
- World War Z game will feature 1000+ zombie hordes
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered teased, could launch soon
- Take a trip with 'Paddington' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- 30 Pieces Galaxy S9+ 256GB Site www . BizFests . com $14,610
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit