Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out well above Sonnet's listed sequential specifications, especially on the sequential read side of things. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. The Tempo ramps up fast. The highest sequential read performance is achieved at 256KB transfers. The highest sequential write performance is achieved at 512KB transfers.
We decided to throw the Tempo into the fire and compare performance with today's fastest NVMe based SSDs. The Tempo hangs in there quite nicely even surpassing the sequential write performance of the 950 Pro. Toshiba's XG3 and RD400 deliver the best sequential write performance of the bunch.
The Tempo delivers far superior performance in comparison to Intel's 750 Series NVMe SSDs at transfers of up to 512KB. Samsung's 950 Pro crushes the competition at transfers of up to 256KB.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. Regarding overall scoring, the Tempo delivers a nice score even though it is the lowest overall. This is to be expected from an AHCI-based SSD versus NVMe SSDs because the NVMe protocol inherently provides higher IOPS. If we focus on read performance, the Tempo easily outperforms Intel's 750 Series NVMe SSDs.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
If you look closely, the Tempo does outperform the Intel 750's up to QD8.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
The Tempo is last across the board. However, it hangs in there with the 950 Pro at QD4 and beyond. This portion of the test falls into the 1.2TB Intel 750's wheelhouse, and it dominates from start to finish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Kingdom Hearts III story re-explained by series of videos
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit