128K Sequential Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 6,500 seconds, or 1.8 hours, receiving performance data every second. A sequential steady-state is achievable in a much shorter span of time than a random steady-state. We plot both MB/s and Latency. We plot MB/s using blue scatter and Latency using orange scatter. We observe that steady-state is achieved at 0 seconds of preconditioning, indicating that the previous 2x LBA fill phase achieved a sequential steady-state.
The 9100 MAX is performing well above its factory sequential steady state write specification of 2000 MB/s. We observe a small number of tightly bound outliers. However, even the outliers are all above factory sequential write specification. Average steady-state write performance at QD256 is approximately 2300 MB/s.
Micron's 9100 MAX shows off some more of its write prowess, again dominating the field from QD8-256. Overall write performance at this level is unprecedented as far as we know. Our combined write results to this point indicate that if even a small dose of write is mixed into a workload, the 9100 MAX will deliver best-in-class performance. The 9100 MAX easily outperforms its closest competitors; the DC P3608 and DC P3700. The XC100E5C shares a similar hardware configuration with the 9100 MAX however, the 9100 MAX outperforms XC100E5C by 750 MB/s.
Intel's dual controlled DC P3608 in RAID 0 mode easily wins this test. The 9100 MAX and the XC100E5C battle it out for second place at QD64-256. Overall though, the XC100E5C outperforms Micron's 9100 MAX with a pure 128K sequential read workload.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The similarly configured Techman XC100E5C slightly outperforms the 9100 MAX with pure sequential read workloads. The 9100 MAX takes the competition to the woodshed with a pure sequential write workload.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Outlast games coming to the Nintendo Switch in Q1 2018
- Anheuser-Busch places order for 40 Tesla Semi trucks
- Celebrities will answer your Google search questions
- Justin Roiland introduces Squanch Games and teases new title
- Fortnite: 30 million players, 1.3 million concurrent gamers
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Z270X Gaming K7....SLOW Boot?
- ATEN Phantom S UC3410 Gamepad to Keyboard Emulator Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series