Version and / or Patch Used: 3.05
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at 2611/1556 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume 75% full.
Both Samsung NVMe drive's (950 Pro and SM951 NVMe) ramp up faster than the rest of the test pool. The SM951 AHCI tops out with a slightly higher sequential write performance than the Samsung NVMe drives. The P3700 enterprise SSD we included in our charts for a point of comparison delivers the highest sequential write speed.
These test results point directly to why we believe the 950 Pro will provide superior performance to the Intel 750 in a typical enthusiast environment. The 950 Pro outperforms the competition by as much as 8x with small sequential read transfers of up to 1024KB.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSD's. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
The 750 Series SSDs put up better overall scores than the 950 Pro. However when we dig a bit deeper, we can see the 950 Pro is delivering far better random read performance at consumer queue depths than the 750 Series. The 950 Pro's read score is the highest we've ever seen from a single SSD in this test. The 750's dominate in the random write department.
So, what matters more? With SATA SSDs, drives with the best 4K QD1 (incompressible) random write performance tend to be the best overall performers in a consumer environment. With NVMe SSD's we are finding that the opposite is true, 4K QD1 (incompressible) random read performance seems to be the best performance indicator available from synthetic testing.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The Samsung NVMe SSDs lead the field from QD1-QD32 (consumer queue depths). This test illustrates perfectly how much better random read performance is on the NVMe interface than AHCI. Compare the maximum IOPS of the 950 Pro to that of the SM951 AHCI. The two drives are nearly identical with the exception of the interface. The 950 Pro can deliver nearly double the read IOPS of the SM951 AHCI drive.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
The Intel drives deliver much better random write performance than the Samsung's. We will see how this shakes out with our consumer workload tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem is finalized and ready for shipment
- Crytek making new AAA online game
- Resident Evil 2 Remake launch imminent, NEW trailer release
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Star Trek Online Resurrects Captain Killy For Mirror Of Discovery
- 'Goat Simulator: The GOATY' Crashes Onto Switch today!
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership