8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady state at 3200 seconds of preconditioning.
8K random is a more demanding workload than 4K. The DC P3608 in RAID mode is exceeding Intel's 8K random write 60,000 IOPS specification across the board. At QD256, the DC P3608 is delivering 45% more performance than the XS1715. The XS1715 gets hammered particularly hard, and its 8K random write performance decreases as the queue depth increases. In non-RAID mode, a single 800GB volume on the DC P3608 is performing at about 50% of the RAID 0 volume.
Intel specs the DC P3608 as capable of up to 500,000 8K random read IOPS. We hit 497,000 with our system configuration. The XS1715 is delivering slightly better performance than the DC P3608 at QD8-QD32. From QD32-256, the DC P3608 in RAID mode takes charge. At QD256, the DC P3608 is pushing out over 100,000 more IOPS than the XS1715.
Conclusion: The DC P3608 in RAID mode delivers higher 8K random performance than Samsung's XS1715.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit