After the launch of the AMD Radeon R9 390X, I was super busy with the Fury X review, then Fury X in CrossFire, then I tried out some R9 390X cards in CrossFire, and after that the standard Fury arrived. At the same time, I had eight GeForce GTX 980 Ti cards arrive and had my normal news to write every single day of the week. It has been hectic. But, we're finally back to the other cards in our shelves, starting with the HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2 OC 8GB.
But here we are, with our review on our first Radeon R9 390, with the HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2 OC 8GB. The HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2 OC 8GB is virtually identical to the HIS Radeon R9 390X IceQ X2, except it has some parts of itself cut down and a lower price. This card is for gamers who want to spend around $330, versus the $430+ that the R9 390X goes for. But is the $100 in savings worth it? That's what we're about to get into.
The biggest difference between the 390X and the 390 is the stream processor count, where the 390 has 2560 stream processors versus its bigger brother and its 2816. We should expect around a 10% performance hit from this alone, but we still have relatively the same clock speeds, and the same 8GB of GDDR5 in use.
The HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2 OC 8GB has 8GB of GDDR5 clocks at 1500MHz (6GHz effective) which is the same as the 390X model that HIS sells. The Grenada GPU is clocked at 1020MHz, a 50MHz reduction from the 1070MHz on the 390X IceQ X2. Other than that, we have the same 512-bit memory bus, identical display output and even the physical dimensions of the card are identical.
Availability & Price
The HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2 OC 8GB isn't available through Amazon, but it is on Newegg for $330 at the time of writing. There's stock available right now, so you shouldn't have an issue trying to pick one up.
PRICING: You can find the HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2 retails for $416 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2 retails for £282 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Football fans protest eSports, throw controllers on field
- Intel increases 14nm production in its fight with AMD Ryzen
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam