Philips package the Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system in a great looking box, which has a palette of colors to tease you with, thanks to a wheel on the right that goes through the various colors that the Hue system is capable of.
Here we have the front of the Hue box.
There's not much going on in the back, but we do see that it's compatible with the iPhone, and that it comes with three Hue Lamps.
Opening up the box, we can see on the left the color wheel and to the right the three Hue Lamps and the Bridge system.
On the top and bottom of the box, we have a look at what you get in the box.
Here we have the Bridge, which you're going to need to plug into your home network and then connect to it over Wi-Fi. The button in the middle will need to be pressed to sync it to your various Hue apps.
One of the Philips Hue Lamps out of the box.
The Hue Bridge, which requires power to the left, and an Ethernet cable to the right - both included in the box.
Setup & Software
Setting the Philips Hue system is easy, as you download the Philips Hue application (or many others available on the Google Play Store and iTunes Store), connect to your Bridge, and voila - personal lighting at your fingertips.
The setup procedure on the Philips Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system is incredibly simple and straight forward, as it takes less than 30 seconds to get it setup. Plug all of the lights in, download and then open up the Hue app, connect to your lights, which you're then prompted to press a button on the Philips Hue Bridge, and that's it. You're done.
Once you've connected to your Bridge, you get some serious personalization options. Let's take a look at the Hue app right now.
This is the opening screen, where you can select 'scenes' such as Sunset, Relax, Concentrate, Feet up or more. It doesn't sound like much, but when the entire room you're in changes with morphing light to these 'scenes' it changes the entire mood of the room.
You've got some options to play with, where you can select Scenes, connect to specific Lights, set Alarms & Timers, and more.
Connecting to specific lights is super useful, as you can change the brightness of an individual Hue Lamp, or turn them all on and off directly from the application.
Here you can set certain alarms and timers, where you can have the Hue Lamps turning on and off at certain times.
Once you start playing with the 'scenes' you won't stop - once you do tap a mood, where we've tapped Concentrate, it will instantly flick the Hue Lamps over to that mood. You can adjust the brightness of the Hue Lamps with this handy slider.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced