You're intrigued enough to open the review and that's the first step. Today, I'll be taking a look over the i-Selfie Join Me by Apotop - it's one of those mobile accessories that at first glance looks a little silly, however, has an actual purpose that may be hidden to most.
This device is the second edition in the i-Selfie series with 'Join Me' title referring to the ability for this device to connect to multiple devices in one session, allowing you to chain together smartphones or tablets and take a photo from each at the same time with one press of a button.
In this review, I'll go over the basic product features, some specialized testing (like the distance rating), and provide you with some usage ideas that may not come to you at first. Trust me, this is a legitimate product and can be used for a few specific purposes, however, if these don't suit you, look no further.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Running on a Bluetooth 4.0 platform, Apotop claim that this device has an "active range" of 10-30 meters (33 - 98 feet). The 30 meter range seems to be only in open-air non-crowded environments, however, we'll be testing that later on in the review. We found it listed online for around $25.
Coming in at 34.3 x 30.8 x 10.85 mm, this product weighs almost nothing - 0.3 ounces. The weight listed includes the small button itself, the 'hook' case and the included tiny hanger chain - although we're not exactly sure what the hook is for. It seems that the small chain will fit nicely onto any key-chain, helping increase the portability of the product. It's compatible with any iOS 8.0 iPhone, iPod or iPad, you can also use this product on Android 4.3 platforms and above.
The metal chain also comes with an earphone jack 'plug' meaning that you can hang it out of your device if you see fit - extremely useful for those with handbags, not so much for pockets. If you're concerned about the chain falling out of the i-Selfie, you can simply connect the rubber hole directly to your key-chain, or threat the chain through and double it over.
A Closer Look and what's in the box
Now we're still a little confused about the optimal application for the carry-case and chain combo, testing out a few different ways it seems that there is no 'best' way to go about it - so just try your best and see what works for you.
The whole package is obviously quite simplistic, as you would assume. Besides the button itself, you are presented with the hook cover and a small metal chain connected to the earphone plug. This is completely to be expected with products like what we have here, what else could you possibly include?
PRICING: You can find the Apotop Wireless Snapshot for iOS and Android (BL_i-Selfie Join Me) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & How it Performs]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019