You're intrigued enough to open the review and that's the first step. Today, I'll be taking a look over the i-Selfie Join Me by Apotop - it's one of those mobile accessories that at first glance looks a little silly, however, has an actual purpose that may be hidden to most.
This device is the second edition in the i-Selfie series with 'Join Me' title referring to the ability for this device to connect to multiple devices in one session, allowing you to chain together smartphones or tablets and take a photo from each at the same time with one press of a button.
In this review, I'll go over the basic product features, some specialized testing (like the distance rating), and provide you with some usage ideas that may not come to you at first. Trust me, this is a legitimate product and can be used for a few specific purposes, however, if these don't suit you, look no further.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Running on a Bluetooth 4.0 platform, Apotop claim that this device has an "active range" of 10-30 meters (33 - 98 feet). The 30 meter range seems to be only in open-air non-crowded environments, however, we'll be testing that later on in the review. We found it listed online for around $25.
Coming in at 34.3 x 30.8 x 10.85 mm, this product weighs almost nothing - 0.3 ounces. The weight listed includes the small button itself, the 'hook' case and the included tiny hanger chain - although we're not exactly sure what the hook is for. It seems that the small chain will fit nicely onto any key-chain, helping increase the portability of the product. It's compatible with any iOS 8.0 iPhone, iPod or iPad, you can also use this product on Android 4.3 platforms and above.
The metal chain also comes with an earphone jack 'plug' meaning that you can hang it out of your device if you see fit - extremely useful for those with handbags, not so much for pockets. If you're concerned about the chain falling out of the i-Selfie, you can simply connect the rubber hole directly to your key-chain, or threat the chain through and double it over.
A Closer Look and what's in the box
Now we're still a little confused about the optimal application for the carry-case and chain combo, testing out a few different ways it seems that there is no 'best' way to go about it - so just try your best and see what works for you.
The whole package is obviously quite simplistic, as you would assume. Besides the button itself, you are presented with the hook cover and a small metal chain connected to the earphone plug. This is completely to be expected with products like what we have here, what else could you possibly include?
PRICING: You can find the Apotop Wireless Snapshot for iOS and Android (BL_i-Selfie Join Me) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & How it Performs]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure