You're intrigued enough to open the review and that's the first step. Today, I'll be taking a look over the i-Selfie Join Me by Apotop - it's one of those mobile accessories that at first glance looks a little silly, however, has an actual purpose that may be hidden to most.
This device is the second edition in the i-Selfie series with 'Join Me' title referring to the ability for this device to connect to multiple devices in one session, allowing you to chain together smartphones or tablets and take a photo from each at the same time with one press of a button.
In this review, I'll go over the basic product features, some specialized testing (like the distance rating), and provide you with some usage ideas that may not come to you at first. Trust me, this is a legitimate product and can be used for a few specific purposes, however, if these don't suit you, look no further.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Running on a Bluetooth 4.0 platform, Apotop claim that this device has an "active range" of 10-30 meters (33 - 98 feet). The 30 meter range seems to be only in open-air non-crowded environments, however, we'll be testing that later on in the review. We found it listed online for around $25.
Coming in at 34.3 x 30.8 x 10.85 mm, this product weighs almost nothing - 0.3 ounces. The weight listed includes the small button itself, the 'hook' case and the included tiny hanger chain - although we're not exactly sure what the hook is for. It seems that the small chain will fit nicely onto any key-chain, helping increase the portability of the product. It's compatible with any iOS 8.0 iPhone, iPod or iPad, you can also use this product on Android 4.3 platforms and above.
The metal chain also comes with an earphone jack 'plug' meaning that you can hang it out of your device if you see fit - extremely useful for those with handbags, not so much for pockets. If you're concerned about the chain falling out of the i-Selfie, you can simply connect the rubber hole directly to your key-chain, or threat the chain through and double it over.
A Closer Look and what's in the box
Now we're still a little confused about the optimal application for the carry-case and chain combo, testing out a few different ways it seems that there is no 'best' way to go about it - so just try your best and see what works for you.
The whole package is obviously quite simplistic, as you would assume. Besides the button itself, you are presented with the hook cover and a small metal chain connected to the earphone plug. This is completely to be expected with products like what we have here, what else could you possibly include?
PRICING: You can find the Apotop Wireless Snapshot for iOS and Android (BL_i-Selfie Join Me) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & How it Performs]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Blu-ray giveaway
- Street Fighter is getting a live-action TV show
- Visceral's Star Wars title may get recycled into online game
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- Transcend JetDrive 825 SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Review
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit