Plextor M6M 256GB mSATA SSD
Plextor has adapted the same packaging as several other mSATA SSDs venders; the drive ships in a resealable blister pack that is retail friendly. Users also receive two screws, just in case their desktop motherboard or notebook doesn't ship with them.
Here we get our first look at the Plextor M6M 256GB mSATA SSD. There really isn't much to look at on this side. Two NAND flash packages and a DRAM package reside under the label. The label shows the model number, serial number, and the firmware on the drive when it shipped. This drive shipped with firmware 1.00, but we used version 1.06 for testing today.
On the opposite side, we found the other two NAND packages, and the Marvell 88SS9188 controller.
The controller has just four channels, and is different from the controller used on Plextor's M5 Pro and M6 Pro - both use eight-channel controllers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- Disney and Nintendo partner for a Nintendo Switch TV show
- Gift Unravel Two on Xbox One and get 1 month of EA Access
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, playable in 2 weeks at CEO 2018
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit