Total Access Time - All Tests
The access time test measures the total latency across all 18 tests. This is one of, if not the most important of all tests we run at this time for consumer SSDs. When your latency is low, your computer feels fast; it's just that simple.
Latency is what makes your computer feel fast. Latency is how long it takes the system to respond after you click on an icon.
Total Access Time - Heavy Load
Users shopping in this price range are unlikely to run heavy workloads, and that's a good thing since low-cost SSDs tend to bog down when pushed this hard.
Total Access Time - Typical Consumer Load
The typical consumer tests allow the drives to recover, and this chart shows performance with a lot of recovery time. Apparently, there isn't enough recovery time allotted in this test for the Patriot Torch 120GB to fully recover to what we would consider acceptable levels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Patriot Torch 120GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Initial Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]