Inside the Enthoo EVOLV
Another very cool feature of the EVOLV is that the doors require no mounting hardware. Simply pull on the door to release the seven pins, and the door swings open to the back of the chassis. Once there, the door simply lifts off the hinge pin.
Now that we can see inside the EVOLV, we find a large aluminium plate with many holes blocking the view to the right, and we see the hardware box at the left. The lower section is separated by a false floor, and there is a sticker with the Phanteks name positioned so it peeks out through the window.
This plate isn't just for blocking your view; it will obviously support a pair of 3.5" drives, a couple of 2.5" drives, and is even drilled for the addition of the pump plate we have seen with the other Enthoo cases.
With the plate now out of the way, we can see there isn't an ODD by default. However, there is a support rail at the top of the front opening to help with fan and radiator installation, but first you need to remove the 200mm fan that is stuffed in there.
The motherboard tray is small and will only fit Mini-ITX and Micro-ATX motherboards. There is a smaller access hole, but we also fin six wire management holes for of which have grommets in them, and a few places to ties up wiring behind it.
At the front of the chassis, in the false floor, or PSU cover, there is a thumbscrew holding a cover in place. This cover can be removed to pass wires through, and there is a bit of sub-frame that will also come out to allow for thicker radiator and fan combinations once both are removed.
Inside of the chassis, now at the back, we find the three-pin powered fan with black sleeve on the cable, a black frame, and white blades to match the theme. The quartet of expansion slots uses thumbscrews to secure cards, and the covers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Blu-ray giveaway
- Street Fighter is getting a live-action TV show
- Visceral's Star Wars title may get recycled into online game
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- Transcend JetDrive 825 SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Review
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit