Fujitsu FSXtreme 240GB SLC SSD
This is the first Fujitsu SSD we've tested that shipped with a full retail kit. The package lets you know that this is product packs SLC flash.
The back of the package lists the product's specifications, and explains the difference between SLC, MLC, and TLC flash.
Inside the package, you receive a warranty statement that doubles as a user guide, a contact for support, and the FSXtreme SSD.
Here we get our first look at the Fujitsu SXtreme Series 240GB SSD. Everywhere you look Fujitsu lets you know this drive packs SLC flash, but doesn't throw it in your face.
The model and serial number are listed on the back of the drive. Our drive was manufactured in September of 2014.
The FSXtreme uses a 7mm z-height case design, so it will fit in your Ultrabook or notebook that requires thinner design.
We didn't find a thermal pad inside of the case, but the SandForce SF-2281 controller rarely gets hot, even under high load.
The controller employed by Fujitsu is the VB1 version of the SF-2281. This is a newer stepping model that reduces power and thermal output.
The special component is the Single-Level Cell (SLC) flash. Fujitsu uses Intel flash in all of the company's consumer SSDs, but these are the rare super die that reduce program latency, and turn up the performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- NZXT introduce the GRID+ V3 fan controller
- Seagate introduce Seagate Secure security features
- NZXT announce their all-new H Series cases
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz