The ScreenBeam Mini2 provides Iron Man-like abilities to anyone.
I could literally plug this device into anyone's TV, use my phone's IR transmitter to change the input to HDMI, turn on screen mirroring in my phone, connect to the device, and commandeer their screen. However, I use this device on a daily basis a bit differently. The TV in my bedroom isn't smart, it can't stream Netflix or my Amazon movie collection, and this little device allows me to make it smart and stream whatever I want.
There are other devices out there that can make your TV smart, however, with the ScreenBeam Mini2, the transmitter is also the controller. You aren't limited to what streaming services the device supports; rather you are limited by what your device can play.
I was impressed by the quality of the stream, the video and audio both came through at the same time with basically no lag. I do lose the connection when I leave the room, and you need to reconnect again each time you come back in range.
For an affordable $39.99, Actiontec leads the way into the era of seamlessly transmitted HD video/audio with the ScreenBeam Mini2.
PRICING: You can find the Screenbeam Mini 2 Wireless Display Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Screenbeam Mini 2 Wireless Display Adapter retails for $39.99 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Actiontec's ScreenBeam Mini2 performs just as you would expect. Its ability to take advantage of Miracast and WiDi means a larger pool of devices are supported and the latest in screen mirroring technology all in a small and affordable package makes for a solid product.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam