Desktop Test System
Lenovo T440 - Notebook Power Testing with DEVSLP and Windows 8.1 Pro
Nearly all of the performance tests run on the desktop system, but we use a Lenovo T440 to run the power tests. The T440 is the latest addition to our client SSD test lab, and allows us to test the notebook battery life offered by an SSD with advanced features like DEVSLP enabled.
ATTO - Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
Angelbird's specifications were spot on with our initial test results. We achieved 563 MB/s sequential read, and 452 MB/s sequential write speeds in ATTO.
HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
We've yet to stumble on a Silicon Motion controlled SSD that has trouble reading sequential data back at high speeds. The chart shows that most modern SSDs easily butt against the maximum SATA III levels. In this test, we use 64KB blocks instead of 128KB.
Here we see that write performance is what separates the value based and performance based SSDs. Although not as fast as the enthusiast class SSDs on the market today, the SSD wrk is far from slow.
In the introduction, we mentioned our previous test of the Corsair Force LX 512GB just a few weeks ago. On average, the SSD wrk delivered just over 40 MB/s more sequential write performance over the LX 512GB.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 126.96.36.199
After a reasonable amount of sequential and random writes, we tested the SSD wrk in HD Tach with 128KB. This is precisely the real-world performance measurement we're looking for with the flash in a consumer steady state. The write performance drops down to an average of 364 MB/s, and doesn't have extreme performance drops like we've seen on some value based drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Angelbird wrk 512GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 6 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series