Test System Setup
Today we're using Mellanox ConnectX-3, Intel X540 and Broadcom NetXtreme II adapters to test the Supermicro SSE-X3348TR Top-or-Rack switch.
Ideally we would be able to test the full 1284Gbps of switching capacity offered by the Supermicro SSE-X3348TR, but we're a few 10GbE adapters shy.
In our previous network tests, we used Windows Server with IXIA IxChariot. Sadly, we're not able to achieve consistent performance with high speed interconnects under Windows. 10GbE works fine but 40GbE and InfiniBand (56Gb/s on a Mellanox SX6036) both have produce inconsistent results on Windows and tested with IxChariot. For this test, we used Red Hat Enterprise 6.4 with iPerf.
The results show the 4x increase 40GbE gives system administrators over 10GbE technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Supermicro SSE-X3348TR]
- Page 3 [Inside the Configuration Menu]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard