Test System Setup
Today we're using Mellanox ConnectX-3, Intel X540 and Broadcom NetXtreme II adapters to test the Supermicro SSE-X3348TR Top-or-Rack switch.
Ideally we would be able to test the full 1284Gbps of switching capacity offered by the Supermicro SSE-X3348TR, but we're a few 10GbE adapters shy.
In our previous network tests, we used Windows Server with IXIA IxChariot. Sadly, we're not able to achieve consistent performance with high speed interconnects under Windows. 10GbE works fine but 40GbE and InfiniBand (56Gb/s on a Mellanox SX6036) both have produce inconsistent results on Windows and tested with IxChariot. For this test, we used Red Hat Enterprise 6.4 with iPerf.
The results show the 4x increase 40GbE gives system administrators over 10GbE technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Supermicro SSE-X3348TR]
- Page 3 [Inside the Configuration Menu]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- Darksiders 3 devs announce new IP, Remnant: From the Ashes
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit