Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
At under $150, the HIS Radeon R7 260X iCooler 2GB is well and truly a video card aimed at people looking to game on a budget. When we say under $150, we don't mean $149.99; instead, we're talking $10 - $15 below that price point. Paired with the right components, there's no denying that you're able to get a decent little gaming system up and running for a good price point.
The main question that needs to be answered here is: What kind of settings are you going to be running your games at to get a playable experience out of this card? 1920 x 1200 isn't out in certain areas, but it would be difficult to say with confidence that even with detail drops you're going to be able to consistently get playable FPS at this resolution.
Instead, we'd say 1680 x 1050 is going to be the standard kind of resolution for the HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB and other R7 260X 2GB cards alike. With that said, you're going to run into trouble with the in-game settings maxed out. Not all the time, but more often than not, you're going to fall short of that smooth 60 FPS number that we're always-on the hunt for.
For the most part, the card would be best paired at 1680 x 1050 with games running medium to high in-game settings. At this level, you should find yourself with a solid gaming experience that will be nice and smooth. For the price point, this is a decent level to be gaming at.
If this is where your budget is, the HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB is a great option if you're happy to be gaming at the resolutions and settings we've just mentioned. You could throw some overclocking into the mix to boost the performance a bit, but the best gains are going to be seen by dropping the detail back. It's hard to get really excited about a card that comes in at under $150, but this does a great job for the price. We can't ask for much more than that.
PRICING: You can find the HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB retails for $124.32 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure