Introduction of the HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB
Recently you've seen a heavy focus on the higher-end of the market as the new Intel X99 platform has launched. You're seeing a bunch of high-end motherboards, along with expensive CPUs, and of course, a ton of DDR4 memory kits.
While we all love this kind of stuff, the fact remains that it's simply out of reach for so many people due to the cost associated with it. Today, we're kicking everything down a notch, and looking at a video card that falls into the R7 series from AMD. I must admit, it's been a while since we've had a chance to look at a R7 based card. More than likely, this will be before the last two updates to our benchmark line up.
Today, we're taking the time to check out the HIS R7 260X 2GB from HIS. At just over $100, it's a card that AMD moves in quantity. With a bunch of driver updates since the last time we looked at a R7 card, and a whole lot of new benchmarks, it will be interesting to see just how the card performs these days.
Is a bit over $100 enough to get a smooth gaming experience? Well, that's exactly what we intend to find out today. Outside of this particular card, we've got a few other R7 based cards that we've planned to knock over in the next few weeks. So, if this one isn't for you, maybe we have something that is. Anyway, let's leave it at that, and see just what we've got going on today with the HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB.
Package - What comes inside the box
The HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB falls well and truly into the mid-range category when it comes to video cards, and as usual, that means that we're dealing with a smaller box designed to make shipping the models throughout the world more cost-effective.
Looking at the front of the box, you can see the HIS logo across the top, while the bottom gives us the model, and gives mention that the card carries 2GB of GDDR5. Just above the middle of the box, on the right hand side, you can see the iCooler logo.
Turning the box over, you can see we've got a bit of a blurb across the top of the card, along with some of the main features below, including the connectivity options that are offered. Apart from a bit more information on the main AMD features and the system requirements, we don't have a whole lot going on here.
After opening up the box and diving inside the package, you won't find much at all. In our little HIS folder, you can see a driver CD, Quick Install Guide, and a case sticker. Considering the price point of the bundle, this is a pretty standard offering.
PRICING: You can find the HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The HIS R7 260X iCooler 2GB retails for $124.32 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage