This test consists of Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards, and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The HK3R averages 20,332 IOPS, but suffers much of the same variability as the M500DC, whose average of 21,133 IOPS takes the lead. The Samsung 845DC EVO has a very consistent average of 19,678 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3500 averages 19,400 IOPS at 256 OIO. Significant variability from the HK3R and the M500DC muddies the performance picture.
The M500DC tops this chart in spite of the performance variability.
The HK3R averages 3.52 watts, the 845DC EVO averages 3.55 watts, the M500DC averages 2.76 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 3.76 watts.
The HK3R averages 6,065 IOPS per watt, the 845DC EVO averages 5,465 IOPS per watt, the M500DC averages 7,676 IOPS per watt, and the DC S3500 averages 4,040 IOPS per watt.
The Web Server workload is read-only with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content users view over the Internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server hosting the website.
The HK3R averages 28,114 IOPS at 256 OIO, the 845DC EVO averages 28,054 IOPS, and the M500DC averages 18,650 IOPS, falling to the DC S3500 average of 23,664 IOPS.
The 845DC EVO and HK3R run neck and neck in latency vs. IOPS testing.
The HK3R averages 3.88 watts, the 845DC EVO averages 3.55 watts, the M500DC averages 3.21 watts, and the DC S3500 requires 3.8 watts during the fileserver workload.
The HK3R averages 1,125 IOPS per watt, the 845DC EVO scores 914 IOPS per watt, and the M500DC scores 1,965 IOPS per watt, compared to 749 IOPS for the DC S3500.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba HK3R Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS5 won't launch before Fall 2020, NPD analyst predicts
- New Master Chief Collection update lets you install segments
- Sony to continue strong first-party IP focus
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit