Total Access Time
The access time test measures the total latency across all 18 tests. This is one of, if not the most important test we run at this time for consumer SSDs. When your latency is low your computer feels fast, it's just that simple.
You'll notice we've added a handful of other PCIe drives that use a RAID controller connected to a PCIe interface and more than one SSD. We see here that the native PCIe XP941 drives perform better than the workstation products that do really well in sequential workloads, but not as well in real-world, general computing workloads. The Plextor M6e has the highest latency of all of the drive in this test.
Disk Busy Time
In the final test, we measure the amount of time the drive worked to read and write the data to complete the test. When a drive is active, it uses more power so the faster it can complete the tasks the faster it can fall into a low power state.
There are only a few notebooks that can use a PCIe M.2 SSD, but we suspect that will change over the next year. Disk Busy Time is one of the tests we use to understand battery life performance changes with different SSDs. The sooner a drive can complete a task, the faster it can return to a lower power state. The XP941 256GB and 512GB complete the tasks very fast and should be able to drop to lower power states quickly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Samsung XP941 256GB Ultra M.2 PCIe SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]