Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
Coming in at a bit below $200, the Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X OC is priced as one of the stronger R9 270X 2GB cards on the market. Looking at what we've dealt with today, you can see that Sapphire has put together a really nice card that offers some great performance for the price.
While this particular version of the Vapor-X might be based of the Dual-X model instead of the Tri-X version we see on the higher-end R9 cards, the dual fan version continues to do a good job of keeping our core cool at a reasonable noise level. Although, what makes the cooler really stand out is the strong numbers it puts out in both the noise and cooling department when overclocking is thrown into the mix.
Outside of the cooler, Sapphire has put together a nice little bundle for this mid-range card. The inclusion of the HDMI cable on this cheaper card is a nice, and is something that we don't normally see. Combined with the aggressive price tag, it makes for a nice overall bundle, at an excellent price point.
Sapphire does give you a nice little performance boost out of the box, but there's no denying that if you fire up some overclocking software, you can get some extra performance with little hassle. If you bump up that core a little, you can give yourself a nice overall boost in performance, which is going to come in handy sometimes; especially when we find the stock results sit around the low 60 FPS range, or fall just shy of that 60 FPS number we're on the hunt for.
The R9 270X 2GB continues to offer strong value for money for people wanting to spend around that $200 mark. The Sapphire version we looked at today is one we would have no problem recommending. The Vapor-X cooler continues to perform extremely well, and the overall look of the card is great combined with a nice little bundle at a strong price point.
If you're looking for something that's not going to break the bank account wide open, and will continue to offer some strong performance, the Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X OC is a model worth looking at. Especially if you can't venture into the kind of money that would get you the R9 280X 3GB.
PRICING: You can find the Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X OC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X OC retails for $199.95 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series