HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
OCZ's architecture misleads this test since OCZ has limited QD1 read and write performance at the test block size. The drives look slower here than what they actually are. We'll see sequential numbers in CDM on the bottom of this page.
Looking at the ARC 100, Vertex 460 and Vector 150, we see the ARC 100 comes in just under the Vertex 460 at QD1 sequential read with the 64KB block size.
The sequential write performance comes along in the same order with Vector 150 delivering higher performance than the Vertex 460, with ARC 100 just behind. What you can also see here is that the performance difference isn't all that great.
This is a good thing for consumers because it means the performance per dollar is actually a much better ratio than the Vector 150. This chart is also a misleading because OCZ's architecture limits the second half of the drives transfers.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
After some preconditioning with sequential and random data, we ran HD Tach to see the true 128KB block transfers with sequential data. The OCZ ARC 100 doesn't act like a value SSD, the performance isn't that far off from OCZ's flagship Vector 150 and even closer to the Vertex 460.
Crystal Disk Mark
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 TP1
CDM gives us a better look at the sequential performance on the ARC 100. Both Vector 150 and Vertex 460 are higher, but after reading the rest of this review, you will not care about the synthetic performance numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit