Introduction of the HIS R9 290X iPower IceQ X2 Turbo 4GB
Recently, we got a chance to look at the HIS Radeon R9 290 4GB IceQ X2 Turbo and found ourselves extremely impressed with what HIS was offering us. If you also thought the card was great but thought to yourself that you might like a bit more power out of the box, we might just have the card you're looking for today.
The HIS R9 290X iPower IceQ X2 Turbo 4GB is the next step up in the line of iPower video cards from HIS. Carrying the highly popular R9 290X chip, the card is sure to put out some strong performance out of the box. It is then made even stronger by the fact that this particular model falls into the Turbo series, which means it comes overclocked out of the box.
Because we've already looked at the R9 290X a couple of times, we've decided to overclock the card even further to see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the latest model from HIS. To top everything off today, we're also going to be introducing some new benchmarks into our line up and getting rid of a couple of older ones.
For the synthetic side of things, we're adding the new 3DMark Sky Diver Benchmark that was added to the latest version of 3DMark. We've also included Catzilla, a new benchmark that is gaining momentum in the benchmarking community. As for the real-world side of things, we've included the brand new GRID Autosport. That just about wraps everything up, so let's check out the bundle to see just what we're dealing with here today.
Package - What comes inside the box
Taking a look at the overall box design, you can see it's all very standard with the blue and white color scheme. You can see HIS, IceQ X2, and the model number all clearly on the front along with the Turbo and iPower logo.
Turning the box over, you can see some of the main details, including a cooler and quieter design thanks to the IceQ X2 cooling technology that brings with it a 5-heat pipe dual fan heat sink setup. You can see the iPower feature also brings with it full solid state capacitors and a six dynamic phase control PWM IC setup.
Moving inside the box, you can see we don't have a whole lot going on, which is very typical with HIS video cards. We have the standard Driver CD alongside a manual and an HIS sticker for your case. While it's not much, the overall bundle is pretty typical of video cards these days.
PRICING: You can find the HIS R9 290X iPower IceQ X2 Turbo 4GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The HIS R9 290X iPower IceQ X2 Turbo 4GB retails for $609.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840x2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding's fetus tank babies explained
- Fry's Electronics stores soon to close, seeing same fate as Toys'R'Us?
- Death Stranding has magical pee that changes the in-game world
- Arnold Schwarzenegger would be proud of the new PvPvE Predator game
- Sony buys Insomniac Games in major first-party acquisition
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director