RAID 5 8k Random Read/Write
The 9361-8i tops out at 508,572 IOPS at 256 OIO, while the ASR-8885 reaches 538,099.
The 9361-8i provides lower latency at 8-128 OIO, but it loses the lead at 256 OIO.
The 9361-8i takes the lead in 8k random write testing with an average of 41,802 IOPS at 128 OIO. The ASR-8885 peaks at 64 OIO with 29,490 IOPS, but it falls significantly under higher load.
The 9361-8i provides lower latency during the test.
The mixed workload testing shows the cliff both controllers experience when we mix in a 10 percent write workload, though the ASR-8885 falls lower than the 9361-8i. The 9361-8i leads this test with the exception of the pure read workload.
We observed the same performance trend from the ASR-8885 in our mixed workload testing. The same latency penalty is incurred as we mix in more write activity, reaching 16ms with a 90 percent write workload.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- Razer will announce a 'mobile device' later this year
- MSI shows off GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower