Like the Red series before it, the new Purple series brings peace of mind when configuring a specific application system. Right out of the box, end users know that the drives work in the application and have the features needed to make a successful project. Also like the NAS market, the surveillance market should grow considerably over the next decade. Given what is on the line when surveillance comes into play, it's nice to see Western Digital taking the guess work out of choosing a drive for this market.
Looking over the market for other products used in surveillance applications, the Purple series fairs well with pricing. The model we tested today, the 4TB Purple, is less than $190 at Newegg but is currently out of stock. The 3TB model at $139.99 matches the price of the WD AV-GP, the company's previous surveillance HDD.
With the projected growth of this market and the need for easier to configure systems, Western Digital has provided a necessary tool for making a complicated task easier.
PRICING: You can find the Western Digital Purple (3TB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Western Digital Purple (3TB) retails for $141.53 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard