GamerStorm Dracula 7970 VGA Cooler
Fresh out of the box, we can see quite a few things that will help this cooler perform. The amount of surface area is the biggest player, but we also have offset fins and odd shapes to help disturb the airflow.
From the side, we get a much better idea of the layout of the Dracula. To the left, we have pipes wrapping around and going through the short section. This leaves room in the middle for the pipes to then run through the much longer section to the right.
At this end, we see that the pipes have been nickel plated over the copper, and that they run evenly spaced through the middle of the fin stack.
Looking down this side of the Dracula, you may be wondering where do the fans clip on or where do we install rubber fan clips, but with this design, the fans are mounted in an unusual way and there is no need to design the sides of the cooler to incorporate them into this design.
Just as the pipes popped out of the end of the longer section of fins, they also pop out of the short section in the middle of the cooler body. There is a decent gap used as they also have to have room for the pipes to bend and run through the longer section, which is just off to the one side of the base of this cooler.
This is the end of the Dracula that will be closest to the expansion slot bracket on the video card of choice. We see that even though there is more room available on many cards, this design keeps the pipes as close to the fins as possible without kinking the pipes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower