8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. Several workloads rely heavily upon 8K performance and we include this with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Turbo SSHD weighs in at 596 IOPS. The Enterprise Turbo and MK1401 trail with 525 and 522 IOPS, respectively.
The average 8K random write speed of the Turbo SSHD is dominating at 508 IOPS. The MK1401 averages 443 IOPS, and the Enterprise Performance delivers 447 IOPS.
The Seagate Enterprise Turbo SSHD leads the pack again in our mixed read/write testing, enjoying a large lead across the various percentages.
Once again, the SSHD exhibits a lower latency distribution than the other HDD's.
Power consumption for the Turbo SSHD and the Enterprise Performance are very close, with 8.07 and 8.02 Watts, respectively. The MK1401 averages a miserly 7.29 Watts during the measurement window.
The Turbo SSHD delivers an incremental increase in IOPS-per-Watt performance over the Enterprise Performance 15K HDD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate Turbo SSHD Architecture and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Seagate Turbo SSHD Internals]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [Exploring Maximum Cache Performance]
- Page 6 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [Database/OLTP and Fileserver]
- Page 10 [Emailserver and Webserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023