This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
With 100% LBA, the X210 averages 4,237 IOPS at QD 256, while the 80% LBA results are stratospheric with 13,603 IOPS.
The OP results (80% LBA) are significantly better than the regular settings. For latency sensitive database operations, the increase in speed and latency will yield big results.
100% LBA averages 2.18 Watts compared to 2.08 Watts during the precondition run. With some workloads consuming more or less power with overprovisioning, we can chalk it up to be within the standard expected variance of +/- .1 Watts.
100% LBA averages 1,951 IOPS in comparison to 80% LBA results with 6,523 IOPS per Watt.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the website, and thus the end-user experience.
The pure mixed read workload does not experience as much acceleration as the mixed workloads with mixed read/write access. 100% LBA averages 21,159 IOPS at QD256 and 80% LBA averages 22,529 IOPS.
100% LBA averages 2.17 Watts and 80% LBA averages 2.13 Watts.
100% LBA averages 2.17 IOPS per Watt and 80% LBA averages 2.13 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [SanDisk X210 Architecture]
- Page 3 [SanDisk 256GB X210 Internals]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- RTS title 'Conan Unconquered' announced for PC on Steam
- Kingdom Hearts III - Opening Cinematic ft Skrillex & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1st DLC fighter: Persona 5's 'Joker'
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC