Thermaltake Allways Control Notebook Cooler
Fresh out of the box this elegant looking solution has a lot going for it. There is a textured plastic used for the edges, an aluminum plate added to the top that is brushed then anodized black to match the rest of the cooler. Right in the middle side to side, but set back on the cooler, are the pair of fans with the louvers currently blocking the view of the fans under them.
It isn't just one set of louvers for the whole thing either. Each fan has the ability to have its air blowing the opposite direction, both straight up, or both can also be set to blow in the same direction. This will at minimum help you spread the air flow, and definitely take advantage of more of the air coming out of these fans.
This is the left side of the cooler, but I wanted to show the stock angle of the design. This gives users roughly a five degree angle of attack to the keys on the notebook that will sit on top of it.
Now that I have moved in much closer, we shall cover what this left side offers. There is a variable speed dial to control the fans speeds, a blue LED to indicate the Allways Control is powered, a DC in jack, but there is no cord provided, and lastly there is the mini-USB plug that works with the provided cabling.
In the middle of a large area that is inset from the rest of the plastic frame at the back, there are two levers. While you could just grab the louvers and angle them as needed, I strongly urge you to use the supplied lever to do so, not only is it smoother in operation, but you don't risk breaking one of the louvers this way.
Tt Dude decided he would stop at our labs to help with the rest of this review as he is standing in front of the right side of the cooler, now raised much higher with the feet extended. Now users have closer to a ten degree angle of attack, and it will also raise the screen another half of an inch higher, possibly making you sit with better posture as well.
Since you are going to give up two USB ports to power this cooler, it only makes sense that you get them back. Not only does Thermaltake replace them, they double it, and these are fully capable of charging mice, battery packs for phones, and even running high-end keyboards.
The bottom of the cooler is mostly thin until you get near where the fans draw in air. Due to the thickness of the fans inside of this cooler, there has to be room made for them. With this design, it still allows for amble air from the back, even if the feet are left as-is.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- Thermaltake responded, confirming the price will be $29.99 in the US.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit