Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Inside of the box you will receive a steering wheel component, foot pedals, pair of clamps and some literature and a driver disc. The steering wheel component is 14 inches deep, stands 11 inches tall and 14 inches wide. The wheel is mostly black, but Genius added red rubberized hand grips to both sides, where the rest of the wheel is plastic. On the face of the center of the wheel you are given a D-pad and five buttons under the Genius badge right in the middle. To offset the D-pad off to the left, the right side offers PlayStation symbology on the four buttons offered there. Just behind the wheel, on the steering column, there is a set of paddle controls for shifting there if you wish. Otherwise, you can use the three switch gear shifter that sits to the right of the wheel on the plastic base. The front section of the wheel then offers a wheel and tire design to cover all of the internal components and dress up the aesthetics a bit.
The pedal assembly is also made of plastic and feels really light when first removed from the box. This section of the kit is 11.5 inches in depth, it sits at nine inches in width, and from the floor to the tip of the pedals these stand six and a half inches tall. The front most section of this base has waves indented in it to give the heel of your foot some sort of a grip on the textured plastic. The pedals are designed to look like the drilled out aluminum pedals found in high-end sports cars and race cars, but again are plastic, and the holes don't go all the way through. While the wheel section connects to the PC via two meters of USB cable, to connect the pedals to the wheel, Genius went with a phone style cable and connection that plugs into the wheel at the left side near the back.
The Speed Wheel MT6 is currently widely available. I am searching around, and even matched the part numbers since most listings do not mention anything about the vibration feedback or the shifter. What I found is that this wheel is very reasonably priced, and is in the range of the most. I strongly advise that you search around for the best deal possible, because I have seen listings starting at $66.40 at Amazon, and the pricing can soar up and over $100 from a couple of locations.
One obvious addition to this unit is not only will this work on the PC, but with the PlayStation buttons already present on the wheel, it obviously will work for your PS3 as well. Considering pricing, based solely on looks and offerings, and not yet the performance, I see the Speed Wheel 6 MT is priced well, and should easily sell well for Genius.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ