Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Inside of the box you will receive a steering wheel component, foot pedals, pair of clamps and some literature and a driver disc. The steering wheel component is 14 inches deep, stands 11 inches tall and 14 inches wide. The wheel is mostly black, but Genius added red rubberized hand grips to both sides, where the rest of the wheel is plastic. On the face of the center of the wheel you are given a D-pad and five buttons under the Genius badge right in the middle. To offset the D-pad off to the left, the right side offers PlayStation symbology on the four buttons offered there. Just behind the wheel, on the steering column, there is a set of paddle controls for shifting there if you wish. Otherwise, you can use the three switch gear shifter that sits to the right of the wheel on the plastic base. The front section of the wheel then offers a wheel and tire design to cover all of the internal components and dress up the aesthetics a bit.
The pedal assembly is also made of plastic and feels really light when first removed from the box. This section of the kit is 11.5 inches in depth, it sits at nine inches in width, and from the floor to the tip of the pedals these stand six and a half inches tall. The front most section of this base has waves indented in it to give the heel of your foot some sort of a grip on the textured plastic. The pedals are designed to look like the drilled out aluminum pedals found in high-end sports cars and race cars, but again are plastic, and the holes don't go all the way through. While the wheel section connects to the PC via two meters of USB cable, to connect the pedals to the wheel, Genius went with a phone style cable and connection that plugs into the wheel at the left side near the back.
The Speed Wheel MT6 is currently widely available. I am searching around, and even matched the part numbers since most listings do not mention anything about the vibration feedback or the shifter. What I found is that this wheel is very reasonably priced, and is in the range of the most. I strongly advise that you search around for the best deal possible, because I have seen listings starting at $66.40 at Amazon, and the pricing can soar up and over $100 from a couple of locations.
One obvious addition to this unit is not only will this work on the PC, but with the PlayStation buttons already present on the wheel, it obviously will work for your PS3 as well. Considering pricing, based solely on looks and offerings, and not yet the performance, I see the Speed Wheel 6 MT is priced well, and should easily sell well for Genius.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019