8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Seagate Enterprise Performance V.6 delivers an average of 426 IOPS at QD256, which is surprisingly close to the Toshiba MK01GRRB/R 15K. The MG03SDCA300 chugs along at a respectable 250 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of the Seagate V.6 is 363 IOPS at QD256.
The Seagate V.6 exhibits a traditional curve with slightly slower random write speed than random read speed.
The Seagate V.6 delivers 76.67% of I/O's (83,425) at 80-100ms, 18,163 I/O's (16.69%) at 60-80ms, and 7,218 I/O's (6.63%) at 60-80ms, 11.9% at 100-200ms.
Power consumption for the Seagate V.6 again matches the higher RPM Toshiba 15K at 6.56 Watts during the measurement window.
Though both HDDs pull the same power, the 15K HDD proves more efficient in the test. The Seagate V.6 still delivers solid performance with an average of 55 IOPS per Watt in 8K random write, and 62 IOPS for 8K random read.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series