8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Seagate Enterprise Performance V.6 delivers an average of 426 IOPS at QD256, which is surprisingly close to the Toshiba MK01GRRB/R 15K. The MG03SDCA300 chugs along at a respectable 250 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of the Seagate V.6 is 363 IOPS at QD256.
The Seagate V.6 exhibits a traditional curve with slightly slower random write speed than random read speed.
The Seagate V.6 delivers 76.67% of I/O's (83,425) at 80-100ms, 18,163 I/O's (16.69%) at 60-80ms, and 7,218 I/O's (6.63%) at 60-80ms, 11.9% at 100-200ms.
Power consumption for the Seagate V.6 again matches the higher RPM Toshiba 15K at 6.56 Watts during the measurement window.
Though both HDDs pull the same power, the 15K HDD proves more efficient in the test. The Seagate V.6 still delivers solid performance with an average of 55 IOPS per Watt in 8K random write, and 62 IOPS for 8K random read.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard