8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The Seagate Enterprise Performance V.6 delivers an average of 426 IOPS at QD256, which is surprisingly close to the Toshiba MK01GRRB/R 15K. The MG03SDCA300 chugs along at a respectable 250 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of the Seagate V.6 is 363 IOPS at QD256.
The Seagate V.6 exhibits a traditional curve with slightly slower random write speed than random read speed.
The Seagate V.6 delivers 76.67% of I/O's (83,425) at 80-100ms, 18,163 I/O's (16.69%) at 60-80ms, and 7,218 I/O's (6.63%) at 60-80ms, 11.9% at 100-200ms.
Power consumption for the Seagate V.6 again matches the higher RPM Toshiba 15K at 6.56 Watts during the measurement window.
Though both HDDs pull the same power, the 15K HDD proves more efficient in the test. The Seagate V.6 still delivers solid performance with an average of 55 IOPS per Watt in 8K random write, and 62 IOPS for 8K random read.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 17-inch laptop rocks 16:10 display, 20-hour battery
- Fortnite dev Epic Games paves way for cross-platform gaming
- The Division 2 Technical Alpha begins on December 15
- Obsidian's new The Outer Worlds RPG gets 15 minutes of video
- Starbreeze to focus exclusively on games
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender